Monday, 2 March 2009
Here are 5 pre-conditions for your awareness of Transformational Intention:
1. You must be capable of thinking systemically, at least at Kegan’s (1994) Fourth “Order of Mind”. For example, do you acknowledge that you are the “author” of your own life?
2. You must have a good level of “learned optimism” or “authentic happiness”.
3. You must have some demonstrated success in setting and achieving goals in your life. Not necessarily earth-shattering goals. Just ordinary, garden-variety goals!
4. You must have a sufficiently developed level of “emotional intelligence” to interact successfully with social networks.
5. You must also have at least some established skills or occupational capability within the framework of possibility you wish to consider. It’s neither accurate nor fair to claim that anyone can do anything they want, just by following the “steps”, whatever they may be. It’s like saying a 6-year old can drive from Sydney to Melbourne if they really want to!