Saturday, 28 January 2012
Life is a Choice!
Palliative care nurses work with dying people, typically for the last three to twelve weeks of their lives. When patients were questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again:
1. "I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me."
2. "I wish I didn’t work so hard."
3. "I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings."
4. "I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends."
5. "I wish that I had let myself be happier."
Life is a choice. It is YOUR life. Choose consciously, choose wisely, choose honestly. Choose happiness!